Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
Trekking Destination: Ghorepani/Poonhill and Annapurna Base Camp
Season/Availability: Spring (March-May), Autumn (September-November)
Style: Tea house Trekking
Minimum Altitude: 1070mNayapul
Maximum Altitude: 4130m ABC
Group Size: Min 2
Accommodation: Tourist standard hotel accommodation in cities and simple lodge during trekking
Transport: Private vehicle/Tourist bus
Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu/Pokhara and all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
Total Days:16 days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu)
Trekking Days: 10days (Nayapul-Nayapul)
Walking Hours: 5-6 hrs a day
Highlights: Ghorepani village, Sunrise from Poonhill, Tamang culture, Ghandrukgurung culture, Chhomrung village, Annapurna Himal, MachhapuchhreHimal, Jhinu hot spring, lush valleys, Cascading waterfalls, dense forest of rhododendron
Major Mountain Peaks: Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Machhapuchhre
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking, also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking, is one of the most popular treks in Nepal. The mesmerizing trek welcomes a large number of trekkers from around the world, approximately 70,000 annually. The trek to Annapurna Base Camp is the journey of lifetime for travelers around the world. The very famous Mt. Annapurna (8091m) is the 10th highest mountain in the world. This trek takes us to the heart of Annapurna range, giving us a majestic moment for the lifetime. It also gives us the opportunity to experience the Nepalese mountain adventure, typical Nepali villages, local mountain lifestyle and ethnic diversity. It takes us to the routes that pass through the lush green nature, dense forest of rhododendron, cascading waterfalls and a wide variety of flora & fauna.
We will come across the world famous mountains throughout the trek. This trek offers the spectacular mountain scenery of the world’s highest mountain ranges like Mt. Annapurna I (8,091m), Mt. Fishtail (6993m/2 nd highest of the Annapurna Range and sacred & unclimbed) and also the Annapurna south (7219m), Annapurna II (7939m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Hiuchuli (6441m).
To begin the 10 day Annapurna Base Camp trekking, we need to drive to Pokhara, a lake city also known as trekking capital, form Kathmandu. After staying overnight in Pokhara, we then drive to Nayapul to start our trekking the next day. We retrace to Nayapul to complete our trek and drive back to Pokhara for refreshment.
Kathmandu Arrival – Check in to a hotel (Overnight stay at the hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast plan)
Sightseeing Tour of UNESCO world Heritage Sites in KTM valley (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on B/B plan)
Drive to Pokhara (900m/7 hrs drive) & evening walk at Lakeside (Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara on B/B plan)
Drive to Nayapul (1070m/1.5 hrs drive) &Trek to Ulleri (1960m/5-6 hrs walk)
Trek to Ghorepani (2860m/4 hrs walk)
Early morning hike to Poonhill for sunrise view (3210m/1.5 hrs walk up and down) & Trek to Tadapani (2630m/4 hrs walk)
Trek to Chhomrong (2170m/5-6 hrs walk)
Trek to Dovan (2630m/5-6 hrs walk)
Trek to Machhapuchre Base Camp (3700m/6 hrs walk)
Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/2 hrs walk)
Trek to Bamboo (2310m/6-7 hrs walk)
Trek to Jhinu Danda (1760m/5-6 hrs walk)
Trek to Nayapul (1070m/5 hrs walk) & Drive back to Pokhara (Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara on B/B plan)
Pokhara Sightseeing (Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara on B/B plan)
Drive back to Kathmandu (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on B/B plan)
Shopping and Departure
The following costs are included in the package.
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B Plan
- 3 Nights accommodation in Pokhara on B/B Plan
- Kathmandu and Pokhara Sight seeing
- All ground transportation by car/jeep/tourist bus including pick up and drop-off from and to airport depending on group size
- Meals on full board during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- All accommodation during trek
- All necessary paper works, TIMS and ACAP Permit
- Government registered English speaking Guide (Trained and Licensed holder)
- A strong helpful porter
- Government taxes
- Medical supplies (first aid kit)
- Office service charges
The following costs are excluded in the package.
- Meals in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Your personal travel/trekking Insurance
- International airfare and airport tax
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Rescue operation charges in case of emergency
- All the bar bills such as alcoholic drinks or beverages like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice
- Laundry service – Hot water &Hot shower during the trek and other personal expenses like shopping
- Personal equipments for Trekking
- Expenses of extra adventure, donations to Monasteries
- Entrance Fees in Monasteries and at other entry points
- Tips for Guide and porters
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest, etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
We would like to advise you to arrange your travel insurance before leaving for your trip. It is very important to make sure that your insurance covers both medical and evacuation costs. In most places, it is not necessary but it would be better if you have the travel insurance with you all the time. It will make your trip safe and hassle free.
Trekking Equipments: (you need to carry)
- Down Jacket – 1
- Waterproof/Windproof Jacket– 1 (optional)
- Trekking Shoes/Boots -1
- Trekking Sticks – 2
- Hiking Pants/Shorts (windproof) – 2/2
- Hiking shirts (full/half sleeve) – 2/2
- Gloves/Socks – 1/3 pairs (gloves is optional)
- Warm innerwear (thermal coat) – 1 set (in winter)
- Sleeping bag – 1 (optional) (in winter)
- Sun hat/woolen cap -1
- Sunglass -1
- Sunblock -1
- Head torch/flash light -1
- Personal towel -1
- The trip cost may vary depending on the group size, duration of trek, the category of hotel in cities and service requirements.
- The itinerary is modifiable as per needs, time frame & budget of trekkers.
- Cost will be re-calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified.
- Additional activities may be added as per trekkers request with appropriate additional cost.
- The cost may also be affected as per the requirement of number of guides and porters.
- For any kind of inquiry please contact us by email or give us a call.