Trekking Destination: GhorepaniPoonhill
Season/Availability: Spring (March-May), Autumn (September-November)
Style: Tea house Trekking
Minimum Altitude: 1070m Nayapul
Maximum Altitude: 3210m Poonhill
Group Size: Min 2
Accommodation: Tourist standard hotel accommodation in cities and simple lodge during the trekking
Transport: Private vehicle/Tourist bus
Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu/Pokhara and all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
Total Days:11 days (Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu)
Trekking Days: 5 days (Nayapul-Nayapul)
Walking Hours: 5-6 hrs a day
Highlights: Ghorepani village, sunrise from Poonhill, Tamang culture, dense forest of rhododendron, cascading waterfalls, lush valleys, Gurung village culture
Major Mountain Peaks: Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Machhapuchhre
Ghorepani/Poonhill Trekking, which welcomes a large number of trekkers, is one of the most popular treks in the Annapurna region in Nepal. This short circuit trek also known as sunrise trekking, is considered as short and easy trek. Ghorepani is a Tamang (local inhabitants) village with lots of tea houses whereas Poonhill is a viewpoint to view the sunrise and magical mountains from atop. Ghorepani is a transit village to Poon hill viewpoint. This trek highlights the Nepalese mountain adventure, green nature, cascading waterfalls and village culture (Tamang and Gurung). We can also see ponies on the way carrying daily supplies for tea houses and villages as there are no alternative means of transportation.
At an elevation of 3210 meters, Poonhill offers the spectacular mountain scenery of the world’s highest mountain ranges like Mt. Dhaulagiri I (8,167m/7th highest), Mt. Annapurna I (8,091m/10th highest), Mt. Manaslu (8,156m/8th highest) Mt. Fishtail (6993m/2 nd highest of the Annapurna Range and sacred & unclimbed) and also the Annapurna south (7219m), Annapurna II (7939m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Hiuchuli (6441m) & Tukuche peak (6920m).
To begin the 5 day Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking, we need to drive to Pokhara, a lake city also known as trekking capital, form Kathmandu, stay overnight in Pokhara and then drive to Nayapul next day to start our trekking.We again come back to Nayapul to complete our trek and then back to Pokhara for refreshment.
Day 01 :
Kathmandu Arrival – Check in to a hotel (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast plan)
Day 02 :
Sightseeing Tour of UNESCO world Heritage Sites in KTM valley (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on B/B plan)
Day 03 :
Drive to Pokhara 900m/7 hrs drive & Evening walk at Lakeside (Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara on B/B plan)
Day 04 :
Drive to Nayapul (1070m/1.5 hrs drive) and Trek to Ulleri (1960m/5-6hrs walk)
Day 05 :
Trek to Ghorepani (2860m/4 hrs walk)
Day 06 :
Early morning hike to Poonhill for sunrise view (3210m/1.5 hrs walk up and down) & Trek to Tadapani (2630m/4 hrs walk)
Day 07 :
Trek to Ghandruk (1940m/3-4 hrs walk) & Gurung village tour in the evening
Day 08 :
Trek to Nayapul (1070m/5hrswalk) & Drive back to Pokhara (Overnight stay at a hotel in Pokhara on B/B plan)
Day 09 :
Pokhara Sightseeing (Overnight stay at hotel in Pokhara on B/B plan)
Day 10 :
Drive back to Kathmandu (Overnight stay at hotel in Kathmandu on B/B plan)
Day 11 :
Shopping and Departure
The following costs are included in the package.
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B
- 3 Nights accommodation in Pokhara on B/B
- Kathmandu and Pokhara Sightseeing
- All ground transportation by car and tourist bus including pickup and drop-off from and to airport
- Meals on full board during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- All accommodation during trek
- All necessary paper works, TIMS and ACAP Permit
- Government registered English speaking Guide (Trained and License holder)
- A strong helpful porter
- Government taxes
- Medical supplies (first aid kit)
- Office service charges
The following costs are excluded in the package.
- Meals in Kathmandu/Pokhara
- Your personal travel/trekking Insurance
- International airfare and airport tax
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Rescue operation charges in case of emergency
- All the bar bills such as alcoholic drinks or beverages like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice
- Laundry service – Hot water, Hot shower during trek and other personal expenses like shopping
- Personal equipments for Trekking
- Expenses of extra adventure, donations to Monasteries
- Entrance Fees in Monasteries and at other entry points
- Tips for Guide and porters
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
We would like to advise you to arrange your travel insurance before leaving your Place. It is very important to make sure that your insurance covers both your medical and evacuation costs. In some places, it is not necessary but it would be better if you have the travel insurance with you all the time. It will make your trip safe and hassle free.
Trekking Equipments: (you need to carry)
- Down Jacket – 1
- Waterproof/Windproof Jacket– 1 (optional)
- Trekking shoes/boots -1
- Trekking Sticks – 2
- Hiking pants/shorts (windproof) – 2/2
- Hiking shirts (full/half sleeve) – 2/2
- Gloves/Socks – 1/2 pairs (gloves is optional)
- Warm inner ware (thermal coat) – 1 set (in winter)
- Sleeping bag – 1 (optional) (in winter)
- Hat/cap -1
- Sunglass -1
- Sunblock -1
- Head torch/flash light -1
- Personal towel -1
- The trip cost may vary depending on the group size, duration of trek, the category of hotel in cities and service requirements.
- The itinerary is modifiable as per needs, time frame & budget of trekkers.
- Cost will be re-calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified.
- Additional activities may be added as per trekkers request with appropriate additional cost.
- The cost may also be affected due to the requirement of number of guides and porters.
- For any kind of change please contact us by mail or call.