Langtang Valley Trekking
Trekking Destination: Langtang Valley
Season/Availability: Spring (March-May), Autumn (September-November)
Style: Tea house Trekking
Minimum Altitude: 1550m Syabrubesi
Maximum Altitude: 3870m Kyanjin Gompa
Group Size: Min 2
Accommodation: Tourist standard hotel accommodation in cities and simple lodge during trekking
Transport: Private vehicle/Tourist bus
Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
Total Days: 11 days (Kathmandu-Kathmandu)
Trekking Days: 6 days (Syabrubesi-Syabrubesi)
Walking Hours: 5-6 hrs a day
Highlights: Langtang valley (also called the valley of glaciers), Tibetan village and the unique culture & lifestyle of locals, Majestic Waterfalls, varieties of Rhododendron, Yak Cheese, Langtang National Park, Wildlife
Major Mountain Peaks/Hills: Langtang Lirung (7246m), Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Kyanjin Ri (4350m), Tserko Ri (5450m)
Langtang Valley Trekking is a pleasant and moderate trek that lies north of Kathmandu and south of the Tibetan border. It is inhabited mostly by Tamang and Sherpa and is highly influenced by Tibetan lifestyle. It was once believed to be a popular trading route with Tibet. Langtang was devastated by the Earthquake in 2015. The avalanche triggered by the earthquake destroyed almost all tea houses and washed away the whole village. Trekking to Langtang was prohibited for more than a year. It was opened again after new teahouses were constructed. You can still see the damage done to the village as debris lie there. The new village is situated in a different place. You can also volunteer in the school, health post and other sectors if you are interested. It is safe to trek in this region now.
Langtang Valley Trekking is a journey to the awe-inspiring snowcapped mountains and beautiful glaciers. From the start of the trek, we walk through the Langtang River till Kyanjin Gompa. The trekking route goes all the way through the Langtang National Park where the trail goes through the natural wonders, forests of pine, oak and rhododendron, snowcapped peaks, rugged rocks, majestic waterfalls and meadows. We can also experience the Tibetan culture of local people. We can see ponies on the way carrying daily supplies for tea houses and villages as there are no alternative means of transportation.Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Ghoral, Himalayan Black Beer, Wild Boar, Common Langoor and Barking Deer are some of the wildlife found in the Langtang National Park.
Though Kyanjin Gompa is the last destination with tea houses, the trail can further be extended to Kyanjin Ri and Tserko Ri but we need to be back to Kyanjin Gompa for accommodation. We can ascend to Kyanjin Ri, for breathtaking panoramic view of Langtang peaks, Langtang glacier and sunrise view over the mountains, and to Tserko Ri which gives another panoramic view of Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and Shisha Pangma, the only 8000 m peak in Tibet.
The 6 day Langtang valley trek starts from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, a small town in Rasuwa district. Syabrubesi is also the gateway to other popular treks to Gosaikunda Lake and to Helambu. We stay overnight at Syabrubesi to begin our trek the next morning. The trek starts and ends at Syabrubesi.
Kathmandu Arrival – drop at hotel (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on Bed & Breakfast Plan)
Sightseeing Tour of UNESCO world Heritage Sites in KTM valley (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on B/B plan)
Drive to Syabrubesi (1550m/7-8hrs drive)
Trek SyabruBesi -Lamahotel (2380m/6 hrs walk)
Trek Lamahotel -Langtang village (3430m/7 hrs walk)
Trek Langtang – Kyanjin Gompa (3870m/3 hrs walk)
Explore Kyanjin Gompa (Hiking around Kyanjin Ri (4350m) or Tserko Ri (5450m)
Trek back to Lama Hotel (2380m/6hrs walk)
Trek back to Syabrubesi (1420m/5 hrs walk)
Drive back to Kathmandu (Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu on B/B plan)
Shopping and Departure
The following costs are included in the package.
- Airport pickup and drop-off by private car or van depending on group size.
- 3 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B Plan
- Kathmandu Valley Sight-seeing
- All ground transportation by bus/van/car
- Both way transportation from Kathmandu – Syaprubesi –Kathmandu by private Tourist bus
- Meals on full board during the trek (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- All accommodation during trek
- Langtang National park entrance permits, TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) card, and all necessary paper work
- Government registered English speaking Guide (Trained and License holder)
- A strong helpful porter (1 porter for 2 members to carry baggage)
- Guide's and porter's food, lodge, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Outlandish Nepal T-Shirt, trekking map and trek achievement certificate.
- Government taxes
- Medical supplies (first aid kit)
- Office service charges
The following costs are excluded in the package.
- Meals in Kathmandu
- Your personal travel/trekking Insurance
- International airfare and airport tax
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Rescue operation charges in case of emergency
- All the bar bills such as alcoholic drinks or beverages like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice
- Laundry service – Hot water, Hot shower during trek and other personal expenses like shopping
- Personal equipments for Trekking
- Expenses of extra adventure, donations in monasteries.
- Entrance Fees in Monasteries and at other entry points
- Tips for Guide and porters
- Cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
We would like to advise you to arrange your travel insurance before leaving for your trip. It is very important to make sure that your insurance covers both your medical and evacuation costs. In some places it is not necessary but it would be better if you have the travel insurance with you all the time. It will make your trip safe and hassle free.
Trekking Equipments: (you need to carry)
- Down Jacket – 1
- Waterproof/Windproof Jacket– 1 (optional)
- Trekking shoes/boots -1
- Trekking Sticks – 2
- Hiking pants/shorts (windproof) – 2/2
- Hiking shirts (full/half sleeve) – 2/2
- Gloves/Socks – 1/3 pairs (gloves is optional)
- Warm inner ware (thermal coat) – 1 set (in winter)
- leeping bag – 1 (optional) (in winter)
- Sun hat/wollen cap -1
- Sunglass -1
- Sunblock -1
- Head torch/flash light -1
- Personal towel -1
- The trip cost may vary depending on the group size, duration of trek, the category of hotel in cities and service requirements.
- The itinerary is modifiable as per needs, time frame & budget of trekkers.
- Cost will be re-calculated if the itinerary is changed or modified.
- Additional activities may be added as per trekkers request with appropriate additional cost.
- The cost may also be affected due to the requirement of number of guides and porters.
- For any kind of inquiry, please contact us by mail or call.